1.5″ Zebra Mats
The Premier Mat for Traditional Martial Arts Training Facilities
Contact us for volume discounts on quantities of 21 or more
Ideal for a wide variety of combat sports and martial arts disciplines—including Brazilian jiu jitsu, Taekwondo, and MMA— 1.5-Inch Zebra Mats are the international standard for tournaments and training facilities alike.
These 1.5-inch training mats offer the perfect combination of stability and cushioning, making them ideal for any martial arts discipline. Whether you need a slightly firm surface to master new combinations for striking arts or a cushioned surface for grappling and groundwork, Zebra’s 1.5-Inch Mats do it all.
Zebra 1.5-Inch Mats are especially popular among professional MMA and combat sports training centers, Jiu-Jitsu academies, and striking arts schools that incorporate grappling into their curriculum, as well as Law Enforcement training centers.
Superior Protection, Durability, & More
Zebra Mats offer ample protection against common injuries caused by the slams, throws, and takedowns in grappling arts and combat sports. At the core of every 1.5-Inch Zebra Mat is a multi-density, open-cell foam that is held together with a proprietary adhesive process. This gives you multiple benefits:
- Greater comfort and fewer injuries due to superior shock absorption.
- Greater durability and lifespan: the foam will not easily flatten or breakdown over time.
- Warranty: we confidently offer a 15-year product life expectancy alongside the Zebra Mats 10-year warranty.
- Climate stability: the mats will not expand or contract with changes in temperature.
- Sound absorption: experience less noise pollution and quieter training.
- Better insulation: reduce your utility costs by insulating your flooring.
Students will always train with confidence on Zebra Mats!
Water Resistant, Anti-Skid, & Easy-to-Clean
On the exterior, every Zebra Mat is surfaced and edged with a reinforced closed-cell vinyl that is durable, water resistant, and easy to clean with a variety of different types of disinfectants and mineral deposit cleaners.
What makes our vinyl covering different than any other?
- Durability: our covering will not easily tear, wear down, or be punctured, significantly extending the life of your training mats.
- Antimicrobial: every Zebra Mat receives an antimicrobial treatment to help prevent the growth of microorganisms.
- Waterproof: all corners are hand-finished to ensure a moisture-proof seam that prevents sweat, water, and cleaners from penetrating the cover and ruining the interior foam core.
- Anti-slip: the underside of Zebra Mats features a natural anti-skid surface made of rubber for added stability. Our mats stay in place when installed properly!
Traditional or Tatami Surface
All 1.5-Inch Zebra Mats are available with either a traditional tatami surface (rice straw textured) or a smooth surface. Both surface options provide a secure footing for both striking and grappling arts.
Tatami surfaced Zebra Mats are slightly denser and firmer, providing the highest level of surface grip for fast movement. The density of tatami surfaced Zebra Mats is 14 lbs. per cu. ft.
Smooth surfaced Zebra Mats are less dense and softer, allowing for more cushioning on top of providing a surface that helps prevent mat burns. The density of smooth surface Zebra Mats is 12.5 lbs. per cu. ft.
Color Options To Match Any Space
Easy to Install
Installing Zebra Mats is highly accessible as they require no special tools, chemicals, or adhesives. Because of their thickness, the need for subflooring is minimal, if not eliminated.
We provide you with full instructions to install and help you every step of the way!
*Production variance no greater than 5 MM or 3/16 in to be expected.*
The Ideal Training Mats for Many Martial Arts Disciplines
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ)
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- Taekwondo (TKD)
- Muay Thai
- Krav Maga
- Kung Fu
Features & Specs
- 100% recycled, multi-density, open-cell foam core
- Closed-cell vinyl covering that is internationally certified as phthalate free
- Each mat measures 2 meters x 1 meter (39.375″ x 78.75″) or about 21.5 square feet. 1m x 1m half mats available on request.
- Tatami mats weigh 46.01lbs, and smooth mats weigh 39.09lbs.
- Five mat minimum purchase required for online purchase. Zebra mats must be shipped via freight on a pallet, making it cost prohibitive to ship less than five mats. If you would like to order less than five mats, we can assign you to a sales rep that will be happy to assist you!
- *Production variance no greater than 5 MM or 3/16 in to be expected.*