Zebra’s 1.5” Grappling mat is a great multi-purpose mat. It is a half inch thicker than our combo mat, which makes it great for grappling arts like Jiu-Jitsu where take-downs are much more prevalent and uses the same density, so it is still firm enough for stand-up striking arts like Tae Kwon Do and Karate. The tatami texture provides great grip under bare feet, though it may leave you with some mat burn when practicing without a gi.
These mats have an anti-skid bottom to keep them in place when used on clean, hard surfaces like concrete or plywood. For use on carpet, we recommend purchasing a framing kit to prevent your mat area from shifting, or drifting apart during training.
The actual size of this mat area is 3m x 3m (approximately 9’ 10” x 9’ 10”) and consists of four 2m x 1m tiles (Primary Color) and one 1m x 1m tile (Secondary Color). See the recommended layout pattern in the images above.
Recommended for practitioners of Judo, Hapkido, Aikido, Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga and those who incorporate grappling into their striking arts training.
*Shipping within the contiguous US is included in the price of all Zebra Home Gym packages!
Due to their size, Zebra Mats are delivered via a freight carrier. Since the freight receiving process is unfamiliar to most people, here is what you can expect:
- You will receive an email with tracking information within 24 hours of your product shipping.
- Someone from the carrier will call you to schedule the delivery of your mats. You will be offered a 3-4 hour delivery window depending on the carrier. We recommend calling the freight company the morning your delivery is scheduled to re-confirm the delivery time.
- The truck driver will lower the mats from the truck to the ground as close to you house as possible. You are responsible for moving into your house from there.
- Upon arrival, inspect your order to ensure there was no damage to the product during transit; such as scrapes, dings, excessive dirt, or tears. At this time, please also count all items and make sure all items are accounted for. In the event of missing items or if damage occurred during the shipping process, it is critical you record any damage on the freight delivery receipt before signing.
- If you have any questions, contact the Zebra Support team at 763-255-1590 or Support@ZebraAthletics.com.