2″ Zebra Mats
The Undisputed Champion of Mats
Contact us for volume discounts on quantities of 21 or more
2-Inch Zebra Mats are the pinnacle of protection. As the international standard for tournaments and training facilities alike, these mats offer the greatest amount of protection during the most rigorous martial arts and MMA training.
At 2 inches thick, these Zebra Mats are firm enough for stand-up martial arts while offering heavy cushioning against high falls, slams, and throws. Their thickness also allows them to be installed while keeping the need for subflooring at a minimum, if not eliminating it outright.
Zebra 2-Inch Mats are ideal for a wide variety of combat sports and martial arts disciplines—including Brazilian jiu jitsu, judo, and MMA. They are the preferred flooring for professional MMA and combat sports training centers, Jiu-Jitsu academies, and Law Enforcement training centers.
Superior Protection, Durability, & More
Zebra Mats offer ample protection against common injuries caused by the slams, throws, and takedowns in grappling arts and combat sports. At the core of every 2-Inch Zebra Mat is a multi-density, open-cell foam that is held together with a proprietary adhesive process. This gives you multiple benefits:
- Greater comfort and fewer injuries due to superior shock absorption.
- Greater durability and lifespan: the foam will not easily flatten or breakdown over time.
- Warranty: we confidently offer a 15-year product life expectancy alongside the Zebra Mats 10-year warranty.
- Climate stability: the mats will not expand or contract with changes in temperature.
- Sound absorption: experience less noise pollution and quieter training.
- Better insulation: reduce your utility costs by insulating your flooring.
Students will always train with confidence on Zebra Mats!
Waterproof, Anti-Skid, & Easy-to-Clean
On the exterior, every Zebra Mat is surfaced and edged with a reinforced closed-cell vinyl that is durable, waterproof, and easy to clean with a variety of different types of disinfectants and mineral deposit cleaners.
What makes our vinyl covering different than any other?
- Durability: our covering will not easily tear, wear down, or be punctured, significantly extending the life of your training mats.
- Antimicrobial: every Zebra Mat receives an antimicrobial treatment to help prevent the growth of microorganisms.
- Waterproof: all corners are hand-finished to ensure a moisture-proof seam that prevents sweat, water, and cleaners from penetrating the cover and ruining the interior foam core.
- Anti-slip: the underside of Zebra Mats features a natural anti-skid surface made of rubber for added stability. Our mats stay in place when installed properly!
Traditional or Tatami Surface
All 2-Inch Zebra Mats are available with either a traditional tatami surface (rice straw textured) or a smooth surface. Both surface options provide a secure footing for both striking and grappling arts.
Tatami surfaced Zebra Mats are slightly denser and firmer, providing the highest level of surface grip for fast movement. The density of tatami surfaced Zebra Mats is 14 lbs. per cu. ft.
Smooth surfaced Zebra Mats are less dense and softer, allowing for more cushioning on top of providing a surface that helps prevent mat burns. The density of smooth surface Zebra Mats is 12.5 lbs. per cu. ft.
Color Options To Match Any Space
Easy to Install
Installing Zebra Mats is highly accessible as they require no special tools, chemicals, or adhesives. Because of their thickness, the need for subflooring is minimal, if not eliminated.
We provide you with full instructions to install and help you every step of the way!
The Ideal Training Mats for Many Martial Arts Disciplines
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ)
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- Krav Maga
Features & Specs
- 100% recycled, multi-density, open-cell foam core
- Closed-cell vinyl covering that is internationally certified as phthalate free
- Each mat measures 2 meters x 1 meter (39.375″ x 78.75″) or about 21.5 square feet. 1m x 1m half mats available on request. Contact us for custom mat sizing!
- Tatami mats weigh 56.53lbs, and smooth mats weigh 51.76lbs.
- Production variance no greater than 5 MM or 3/16 in to be expected.
- Five mat minimum purchase required. Zebra mats must be shipped via freight on a pallet, making it cost prohibitive to ship less than five mats. If you would like to order less than five mats, we can assign you to a sales rep that will be happy to assist you!